Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gardendale, Alabama and a phone call !


Today at around 11:30, I was sitting at my desk making phone calls, when my cell phone rang.  I didn't even catch the 205 area code as Alabama.

(PH) "Brother Taylor.  This is President Holzaphel."

(Me) "President! How are you?"

(PH) "Good.  I am sitting here with a great missionary."  

(Me) "Thank you President."

(PH) "He comes from good genes."

(Me) "Hopefully, better than mine.  Mostly from his mother."

(PH) "Well, I am sure from both.  We wanted to let you know that he and his companion have been transfered to Gardendale, Alabama.  The Birmingham Temple is here.  We just wanted to let you know to send any packages to the mission office for now till you get his new address."

(Me) "Ok.  Thank you for the heads up."

(PH) "He wants me to tell you that he loves you."

(Me) "Ah . . . thank you President."  I say as I am trying to choke back the tears.

(PH) "Here, why don't you talk to him."  

(Elder Taylor) "Hey dad . . . "

A very brief, but very special call.  He is doing well.  Sounded so good.  Sounded happy.  Said he was working hard.  It was awesome!  I am so unbelievably grateful for my son. 

His mom felt a little gypped, but was grateful for the news as well.  

Missionaries at the Birmingham, Alabama Temple.  Mason is 5th from the right in the front. 
Close up of Mason at the Birmingham, Alabama Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment