Saturday, January 22, 2011

"And how great show be your joy . . . "

Kistra Defranza, Ensley Alabama

So on Saturday we had a Baptism for Kistra :)  It was awesome!  Very Successful :) Kind of stressful trying to get ready for it.  President Holzafel has asked that we try to get the members running the show.  What ended up happening was I needed to give a talk.  I was very nervous.  I can't remember what I talked about or what I said, but all I hope is that it helped her in some way.  But it went well!  Elder Chugg Baptized her and she asked me to do the confirmation. That too was very scary!!  Like I said I can't remember what I said, but all I Hope is that it helps her in some way. It was a very cool experience though. You really have to be in tune with the spirit to know what to say to the person your confirming. But like I said, it was a very cool experience! 

We have four baptisms coming up in the next few weeks! :)  That's always a good thing.  We have been teaching a lady named Cecelia. She is loving the Gospel!  She is trying to quit smoking right now has been doing good with that!  She wants to get baptized on the 29th so hopefully all goes well there :)  Keep her in your prayers. 

We have another one set for the 29th :) His name is Bam!  Well, he has another name but we call him Bam. He is a little brother of one of the young men in the branch. He is 13, and hasn't been baptized yet.  Why, I don’t know, but he came to church on Sunday and came up to us after and told us he wants to be baptized :) So we are starting lessons with him tomorrow. The cool part is that his older brother will be the one baptizing him. When we told him that his face just lit up! It was soooo cool!  So if you could keep him in your prayers that would be awesome!  So we are way excited for him :) Then we have Vonya for the 15th still :) She is doing great!  Then the other missionaries have a guy named Darrell (The guy is a freaking stud!).  He is scheduled I think for the 5th... ? I'm not sure. But yeah so Ensley is growing :)  It's so cool to see the Lord's hand in all of this. Cause most of the people we are teaching are referrals from members. So in other words they have been finding us. Its way awesome knowing that the Lord wants this place to grow. Thanks for all of your support and prayers :) It means a lot. You can really see it growing because of it. Thank you all soooo much! I love and miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a blessing! It is so great to see the spirit teach through these amazing missionaries:)

    ReplyDelete